– Egg Carton, Scissors, Paint, Pipe Cleaners, String
1. Start by cutting out the cups out of the egg carton.
2. Next you’ll cut a slit in the middle of each point so that after the slits are cut you’ll be able to lay the cup flat.
3. Flatten down the carton and trim around each point to give it the shape of a butterfly wing.
4. Next grab your paint!. Placed some paint on a paper plate and let the kids paint each of the cups. Once they’re dried you can take the pipe cleaners and twist them around your egg carton cups that you’ve painted to make the body of the butterfly, leaving two antennas on top.
5. Finally, you can take your string and thread it through the pipe cleaner on the back of the butterfly and hang them up!